Which type of lifejacket is right for you?
Floater Suits and Coats: Suitable for cold weather situations when limited mobility is not a concern.
- Autumn open-boat fishing and ice fishing
- Ice boating
- Winter sailing/powerboating
- In other situations where the risk of hypothermia or long-term immersion is present
PFDs: Inflatables: Inflatables are extremely non-intrusive! You can totally forget that you are wearing them. Suitable for all seasons and in situations where immersion is not frequent. In other words, you aren't planning on going in the water!
- Especially suitable for those who aren't in the habit of wearing lifejackets
PFDs: Traditional: Modern designs of PFDs are making this type of lifejacket far more comfortable and fashionable - and in turn, people are starting to wear them! However, they will never be as "non-intrusive" as the inflatable style. Also, they do not provide any protection from wind, spray or cold water. We definitely recommend this type for children as well as for any summer water activity where the possibility of going in the water is high.
- Dinghy sailing
- Paddling sports (Kayaking, Canoeing)
- Windsurfing and kiteboarding